Can you spot the false stories?
Bear Hug Pre-Intermediate
- Don't get too close to a brown bear!
- A cow falls on holiday couple's car.
- Dog goes for a very long walk
- 'I made a mistake!'
- Why was a wheelchair traveling down a highway at 50 mph?
- A woman marries a successful and popular doctor - or so she thinks.
The Did that Really Happen? series first appeared in the Hong Kong newspaper, Ming Pao Daily. Illustrations are by MPD illustrator Iris Tsoi.
Amazon.com (US) or on the Recommended Readers pages:
There's no extra cost to you - and a big benefit to the site!
Search ESL Reading/Young Learners
Note for ESL, EFL & ESOL Teachers
What is ESL Young Learners?
An independent website providing free resources for English language teachers and students. These include reading and listening materials for use in the classroom or online.
Which resources can I use with my students?
Think of ESL Young Learners as a library. Materials are broadly categorised by age and/or level - but visitors can use any materials they can manage.
- Materials for the Age 5+ range in level from Beginners to Pre-intermediate.
- Materials for the Age 10+ range in level from Pre-intermediate to Upper Intermediate.
Less confident older learners may want to try the materials for younger children or vice versa.