1. Role play what happens when Mr & Mrs Everson arrive at the shop with their smashed car.
Possible roles: Mr & Mrs Everson, the shop owner, news reporter, cow-owner
2. Five things I didn't know about: cows
Work in groups to find five new facts about cows. At least one must not be from the Internet - try books, encyclopedias, dictionaries etc.
- What different foods come from a cow?
- In which religion is a cow sacred?
- How much do cows eat and drink?
- How many stomachs do cows have?
- Name five products that come from a cow. Draw a diagram to show how to produce this product.
- For example, you produce leather by ....
A useful website is here
1. Imagine you are Mr or Mrs Everson.
Either: Write a letter to the car-hire company explaining what happened to the car.
Or: Write a postcard to your brother/sister/bestfriend talking about what happened
3. You are the policeman arresting the cow; Write your report.
3. Write a letter from the hotel to the people who complained about the cows in the field.
4. You have $300,000 (US) and want to be a cattle farmer. Write a business plan containing the following a) where your farm will be b) how you will make money. You need to research prices of land, cattle feed etc.